Organic Potting Soil
When in the market for organic potting soils, there are various factors you’ll need to take into consideration. Especially if you’re looking for the best organic potting soil for indoor plants.
Factors to consider –
- Water Retention: Depending on your setup you’ll probably be after a soil that holds moisture incredibly well without getting waterlogged.
- Soil Aeration: You’ll want organic potting soil with a good structure to support your plants’ roots, yet light enough to deliver good aeration.
- Regular Over the Counter Soil or Specialized Organic Potting Soil: If you’re looking to keep your grow entirely organic you’ll be after a good organic soil with heaps of beneficial microbes and bacteria. You’ll likely want to add other organic media like worm castings or Kelp at some point also.
Michigan Peat Garden Magic Top Soil
Garden magic top soil often used as a top dressing and to fill holes in lawns and gardens. A blend of dark, reed sedge peat and sand. This product will also loosen heavy clay soils and enhance moisture retention in light soils. Available in 40-pound.
- A blend of dark, reed sedge peat and sand
- Used as a top dressing and to fill holes in lawns and gardens
- Loosen heavy clay soils and enhance moisture retention in light soils
- Available in 40-pound
Good Earth Organics, Gaia's Gift Premium Potting Soil
Transfer your established plant from Cloud 9 premium, organic seed starting soil into Gaia’s Gift for the final stages of vegetation for optimal growth in fruits, vegetables and herbs. We recommend using Gaia’s Gift amended potting soil in five 1 gallon pots or using the entire 5 gallons for one plant.
Gaia’s Gift premium base ingredients contain the highest NPK (nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium) assortment of all our products. With medium drainage, this product promotes rapid development in greenhouses and outdoor gardens.
Designed for plants that have high demands throughout their vegetative period, Gaia’s Gift organic soil provides a heavy dose of nitrogen and recommended for plants with established roots. This is particularly important in leafy vegetables, such as cannabis, hemp, tomatoes, hops and kale.
Our Gaia’s Gift potting mix is formulated with low-salt coconut coir, pumice, compost, sphagnum peat moss, perlite, seabird guano, alfalfa mealworm castings, and other organic ingredients designed to increase plant performance, helping to boost quality and yields. pH adjusted from 5.8 to 6.4.
StepWell Super Soil SS-W Organic growing medium
StepWell Super Soil is not simply any average blend of soil, but it is a carefully measured formula of ingredients that is mixed together, and then delicately aged to ensure maximum growth of microbes, bacteria, and Fungi.
The cultures in the soil help break down and provide nutrients for the plant. Avoid Mistakes, Increase Margins, Improve Efficiency. All ingredients are 100% organically sourced and organic certified.
A selected blend of Canadian ingredients include: Mycorrhizae, bone meal, blood meal, perlite, kelp meal, fish bone meal, Wollastonite, worm castings, basalt rock dust, gypsum, yucca, dolomite lime, alfalfa meal and humic acid.
The soil is aged with our unique StepWell Soil HP-W Mix. This provides a superior no till base with flexibility for nutrient input based on grower demands from start to finish. It Can be used as a vegetative top dress, tea and plug and play super soil that requires a clean water source free of chlorine.
There are many different brands to choose from when it comes to organic potting soil, the main thing to remember is to do your research thoroughly and opt for a soil that is both within your budget and full of all the required nutrients your plants will thrive on.